C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 4, 2017

Just Giddy!

Subtitle: "It never hurts to ask!"

This last Saturday on a tip from my friend Amy I went to the Winter Market at the Umbrella Community Arts Center in Concord.  It was filled with artists in their studios selling their wares....I always love to see where artists work. Making connections with other artists brings me a lot of joy.



I was drawn in by the color to Barbara Willis' studio.  Spools of yarns and fibers filled the shelves and beautiful scarves and sweet little pouches were hanging everywhere you looked. It was an explosion of colors and textures.






Right outside her door were long strands of beautiful fibers tied together to create an eye catching art piece. And in her studio was another bundle of fibers hanging with her scarves....almost like a work in progress. I have learned it never hurts to ask..."Is it for sale?" I wanted to know more. Turns out it's the ends and leftovers from lots of different projects that she tied together.  And sure enough...she was happy to sell it to me and I was just giddy. We had a delightful conversation while we rolled it up in paper then I carried my treasure home.                                                                                                       
                                                                                            
Just this morning at a project group I go to at our church I unrolled it for the first time...and soaked in all the luscious color.  It's about 10 feet long and full of possibilities. Thanks Barbara....I'll let you know what I do with it!

I'm just giddy!

2 comments:

  1. You are one lucky lady to have art from Barbara Willis, and I'd say that even if she wasn't my sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her! And yes....I'm one lucky lady! You are lucky to have her as your sister!

      Delete