C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Over the River

....and through the woods.  A couple of silly stories after a long travel day.  It's good to be home.

Paul and I generally take public transportation to and from Logan Airport when we fly in and out of Boston...the Silver Line Bus and the Red Line Train.  It's easy and virtually stress free. There's a point when the train comes above ground to go over the Charles River...perfect timing to text "over the river"  to whoever is home to leave for the pick-up at Alewife station. Every time I text it I think to myself...."and through the woods."  No matter how silly...little rituals are good for the soul. 

The view one direction from over the river.
While on the train I sat next to a young mother and her adorable little girl who I'm guessing was about 3.  They were chatting away in what sounded like French and I was totally enjoying their conversation even though I had no idea what they were saying.  All of a sudden my roller bag fell over and the little girl smiled at me and said "Whoopsie." It cracked me up....making me glad I was on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment