C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Santa Reader

This was a great day filled with all kinds creative projects...but first I have a little follow-up from yesterday.

I mentioned connecting with my sister-in-law Liz...she's the recipient of the "reader calendar"  I make every year. She told us about her husband Chuck finding a blow up Santa reading to his reindeer...can you believe it?  And sure enough last night he posted a picture on Facebook...I'm always glad to have a visual. Chuck has also collected a few other friends to be listening along.


Today Margie and I started Christmas decorating.


 The big tree is up but not decorated and a little tree is high on the ledge going up the stairs....right next to the mountain view stained glass piece I made many years ago. I hung some wreaths outside and one above the fireplace. We'll continue the decorating over the next several days.





I thought this was a lovely view with the bare trees against the light blue sky.   


The best part of the day was exchanging Christmas tradition stories with Margie....I'll save my favorite story for tomorrow....along with progress I made on my felted piece.

I also made the first collage element for Langston's junk mail art piece....you'll have to wait on that too as this post is getting a little long.

And....the puzzle is coming along.  Like I said, it was a great day....a joyful puttering kind of day. Margie continues to make progress....not as fast as she'd like but she's hanging in there. Recovering is a log of work!



No comments:

Post a Comment