C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 13, 2015

Sun Stars and Moon

I mentioned the "Sun Moon Stars calendar a while back that I used for the covers of my Six Word Story Book and my quote journal.

For about 7 or 8 years in a row when my kids were growing up I bought the same calendar.  It featured watercolor images of....you guessed it...suns, stars, and moons.  I loved the colors...both vibrant and soft...and even some neutrals. I saved every single calendar and was disappointed when they no longer were available.  To this day I pick my calendars based on potential for repurposing...and I always look for "Sun Moon Stars" to reappear. 
          I love mixing up the punched squares...such a happy palette.  Since I am careful and stingy I use almost every inch of every page...so I still have plenty of pages for more projects.  

I also love that life with the kids is behind these squares...
the dentist appointments, karate, school band concerts...it's all there.


No comments:

Post a Comment