C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 5, 2016

Snow Day Stole!

The blue bottles in the back yard were pretty in the snow.
Paul and I came up to Maine yesterday....and today it snowed all day. I had no place to go and things are pretty simple up here...so it set me up for a very productive and enjoyable day. And...I'm quite proud of myself because I started the day getting my taxes 95% organized and ready to send off. They would be 100% done if I hadn't forgotten a few things.

Paul took this one in our little park while he was out on a walk.

Another goal for today was to sew together the strips of fabric for Paul's stole.  It was pleasant sitting at my table in the guest room/sewing room watching the snow while I worked. 

I started by sewing two strips together at a time....just pushing them through. Then I pressed them...and did a little trimming before I sewed those sets together. My goal was to be at about 45 inches...

...and I came pretty darn close. I will add more reds at the top....but this is where is it will start to curve around the neck...so I need to think through this.  I'm just winging it...and making decisions as I go along.                                                                                                           


I decided I wanted a 3 inch wide band for each side of the stole. The second ruler on the right helped me get a perfect 3 1/2 inch cut.  The extra 1/2 inch is for seam allowance on both sides when I add the red edging.  (use the link above to see the inspirations stole)
The best part is now I have a 7 inch extra piece to play with for something else....and I have a couple of ideas.  The two stole pieces on the right are ready for the next step.....but that might be a little while. But I did make good "snow day stole" progress.

1 comment: