C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 3, 2016

"Peaceful Places"

Almost every year I buy a Claudia Diller "Peaceful Places Calendar"...usually right from her at a local craft show.  Sometimes it's desktop size...like this year...and sometimes it's poster size. Either way I like to repurpose the beautiful images.

Claudia is a local artist from Portland, ME....and I love her work.  She captures the Maine coast...and the rolling hills and farmland in soft but bright colors with whimsical lines and swirls. Check out her website here.



The Bug Light....one of my favorite spots in South Portland.





Because of our construction project I have the chance to rethink the space in the living room in Maine over my blue cupboard. This time it will feature a few Claudia pieces. Several years ago I bought one of her originals called "The Midnight Moonlight Sunflower Red Light Green Light Ho Down."  Yes...that's the name. I also chose an old "Peaceful Places" calendar pages to mount on a paint panel.   

Since the frames I will be using are black...I chose to paint the edges of the panel with black acrylic paint.  I adhered the calendar page with Matt Medium and it's ready to hang. I'll let you know how the wall came out tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment