C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Blue Cupboard....

....wasn't always blue...and it had a top.

It was given to me by my good friend Linda who had it in her kitchen in her old house.  But there wasn't room in my kitchen...and the top didn't work very well in the living room.

         So I took the top off.



Then I found the drawers along the road, planned the wall art, and collected a few things to display. (this was the original arrangement)

     
         Next I sanded and primed it.


Finally I let it sit for a few weeks to cure.  I'm quite fond of my blue cupboard!  Thanks Linda! And thanks for all the other furniture pieces and treasures I have of yours in this house.                                                                                       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment