C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, December 5, 2016

A Cup of Coffee

...and a sweet little puzzle.

When I find an artist that really inspires me I like to buy some of their work if I can afford it. That was the case with 5ftinf who photographs beautiful collages on her rustic table. I scoured her website and Facebook page and cannot find her actual name. This is her most recent photo on her Facebook page...I think it's beautiful.



I wrote about her in May....how she inspired me to experiment photographing my plant snippets and collections like I did here. You can read that post here.

A few weeks ago I got an exciting package in the mail from England with two sets of her note cards and two sweet little puzzles. The puzzles are just 70 pieces each and she describes them as just the right size to do while relaxing with a cup of tea. Not too easy....not too hard. Her online shop can be found here.


I am going to send a few of the cards...I already have one picked out for my sister Marilyn's December birthday. I'm also going to pick my favorites and mount them on paint panels and create a little collage wall somewhere.  It will have to wait until at least January....but I'm pretty excited.


Yesterday morning I finally sat down with my morning 
cup of coffee and put the first puzzle together.
I love it! 


The puzzle came in a sweet little home-made bag and included a high quality post card of the image.

 

Here's the postcard of the second puzzle image....I will pick the right quiet 
moment to put it together...likely some snowy January or February day.
I will be putting these together again and again.And...if you come and 
have tea or coffee with me we can do them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment