C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Blown Away...

...by Margie's coloring!

One of my tasks this week was to find little gifts for Alice and Betty, two of Margie's neighbor friends who she shares a Bible study with.  I looked a few places...but didn't see anything that I thought was right or worth the money. Then the perfect gift presented itself today....a wonderful collaborative project. It was a good distraction from the tough job of recovery.

I have mentioned Margie's coloring hobby several times. It all started with this simple Shaker coloring book and a set of 12 pencils...and it has blossomed from there.


Over time I have supplied Margie with more pencils, markers, and pens and she's been very busy! Today I got to see her finished pieces for the first time and I was blown away. There were about 100 pages!

We have talked about making some of the images into notecards...and I will be working on that here if there's time or at home. I have photographed all of the pages so I can work with them digitally.



Now....back to Alice and Betty. Once I saw Margie's coloring I suggested we create something with one of her pages. Margie wrote a little sentiment that I added to a 5 x 7 digital version of one of her pieces. I took it to a copy center down the street and made two copies on card stock for less than a dollar! We'll put them in simple frames tomorrow...I think they'll be lovely personal gifts for her friends.

Nice job Margie!


All of the coloring images on this page are hers!


No comments:

Post a Comment