C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hydrangea Blues

It was a rainy stay at home day today. I had to tend to a few chores...but I also played with the hydrangea blues. I'm pretty excited about this little fabric collage...here's a sneak peak at my rainy day progress. 

Folt Bolt's April colors

I decided I wanted a patchwork effect in lighter blues for the background. As I was placing the pieces I was constantly putting down a view finder so I knew how it will land on the canvas. Eventually I will wrap and fuse the patchwork around the canvas like I have on the others.



Once I had the background fabrics fused together I added a square of batting and did some random top stitching in variegated blue thread. Stitching changes everything!



I will likely have to stitch more petal clusters but will eventually fuse them down. I can't wait to add the center beads...they're going to make a huge difference. I may even leave a few petals loose...giving it a more depth and texture. Once I fuse on the little "Joy" I will stitch around it and the vase.

This one has been fun and I like the way it's coming together.  I can't wait to try this stitch and cut technique on another project.



No comments:

Post a Comment