C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 22, 2017

Rainy Day Dots

I got the rainy day I asked for in yesterday's post....but I actually had to be home to get chores and craft projects done.  I did sneak a few hours in the middle of the day between events, appointments, and class to work on my May color scheme project. Notice I chose crafting over chores.  Thank goodness I'm not obsessed with a tidy house.

One of my goals with this year long project is to try different techniques and media each month. This time I'm using needle punch...more on that soon. It may end up being a little goofy....but I think that's OK with a rainbow scheme.



This is where I left it at the beginning of the month....an idea in the middle of the night and little tufts of needle punch.

And this is what was in my head....a flower with the tuft as the center.


I cut out a tuft leaving a little of the background fabric. Next I fused layers of fabric around it creating a flower.
I collaged and stitched a neutral background and made a fun polka dotted vase. 
I thought this striped foreground fabric worked well with the dots.
This piece is going to be 5 x 7....or maybe 6 x 8 depending on the border.


I played around a little more with the tufts....but I need to mull it over for a few days. These are not attached to the tufts or the background yet....I'm just auditioning.

Do I keep them more simple like this....with a little stitching?  Do I use the more complex flower from above? Should they all be different?

A fresh look another day will help.  But it is May 22nd....and I do want to get this done by the end of the month.  I need another rainy day...and a housekeeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment