C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 26, 2017

I'm ready....

....for some little project....or maybe a dance party.  It's a big studio with a tiny table. I'm going to be on the lookout for free tables. I might have one in Lexington I can take up.

You can't see it in this picture but there's a twin bed in here too....and for now that's all.  I want to get the room painted before I move any more furniture and art supplies up...I'm actually thinking a dusty purple. And...I just worked with an absolutely delightful electrician this last weekend on several projects including getting the speakers, wires and mount off the side wall where the previous owner had a big screen TV. I had such a good time with Paul, the electrician....we kind of bonded.


We've got some patching to do.
This sweet little antique writing desk filled most of the available space in the guest room at the last house. Now it almost has a whole room to itself....and this guest bed has a large room to itself too...right off the studio.
Did you notice the can of paint sitting on the floor? Both rooms upstairs have a slant where the ceiling meets the wall. 






The previous owner painted them the wall color...and I think they should be ceiling. Wall color just fades away...ceiling color shows it off more as an architectural element. So I have a first coat on in both rooms by brush....I'll roll on a second coat. It's funny how simple changes make all the difference.
Here you can see Connie's old bed getting reinvented again.  A year and 1/2 ago I wrote about it in a post called, "It's Coming Along"....and here I am again saying "It's coming along." This room is baby blue right now....I think it's going to be a soft and soothing greenish blue.  I think that color will go well with my crazy Kaffe Fassett quilt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment