C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 14, 2026

Memento

The minute I saw the napkins at the reception at Hancock Church yesterday....I knew I would be bringing one or two home. Napkins work well for collage....and I knew I would make a tag.

I separated the ply and added fusible to the back so I could easily adhere it to the tag. 

I colored in the background with a paint pen and loosely outlined the flowers with a black pen.

I happened to keep the invitation to the dedication that came in the mail....so used part of that for the back. I added a leaf cutout from the Audubon catalog for flow.

 


I intended to use more of an aqua blue for the background to better match the feathers...but I still think the flow works well enough! You can't be too matchy matchy.

Another tag on the ring....and this one is a bit of a memento.

 

4 comments:

  1. I never tire of following along with your process posts, MaryAnn—it's like being at story hour having someone read to me! The best! I so identify with your seeing creative fodder everywhere: napkins, invites, catalogs—the sky's the limit. Another glorious tag on your ring, and this one a bit of a memento. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I do see fodder everywhere...and I have a studio full of stuff to prove it! And I think I'll play these napkins a bit more!

      Delete
  2. Your tags are lovely, MaryAnn and I could identify with bringing home a pretty napkin or two! I have a drawer with napkins, paper doilies and such things that I've collected over the years and used with acrylic medium to make collages. But I'm intrigued by the idea of fusing them! Another bit of inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised you have a drawer with napkins etc. I remember a pretty one you sent me...and that's in one of your journals. I like to use fusible when I don't want to use wet medium. It works like a dream!

      Delete