C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Golden Oldie

I reinvented a golden oldie today. I got email through the blog from Avigayil. She saw my posts about my torn paper collage kits and wanted to know where she could buy them. I haven't done them since 2022...but that didn't mean I couldn't do them again. 

A project I did for Alyson several years ago.
I told her I would would make her a kit if she paid for shipping and possibly donate a little extra for Maine Needs. Turns out she wanted two kits...and they will make their way to Israel...via a shipper she uses in Florida. 


I spent a good chunk of the afternoon making two little piles of gelli print scraps and metallic accent papers. The pile also includes two blank cards and a few substrates and accent papers for mounting. I also printed a couple more copies of my zine with the directions/guidelines. I made a little tag as a sample...and am including a little calling card.  I'll bundle it all up and get it on its way on Monday.

My purpose is still hidden in my joy.



I'm not sure I'm done with these....they might need a few touches of gold.


8 comments:

  1. I just dropped a pipette of India ink on both a painting whose composition I was up till then very pleased with AND on my slacks. The slacks were surprisingly easy to make right. The painting? Time will tell. BUT your joy is shining brightly from your post, MaryAnn; perfect antidote for me!!! That project for Alyson from several years ago, the magnificent kit you've put together for Avigayil; that scrumptious tag (2-sided?). YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Glad the slacks are fixed....and hopefully the drop on the painting will turn into an opportunity! Thanks for the cheerleading on the post. The tag is one sided for now...but maybe I need to add something to the back now that you mention it. I'm gone all day today....so I may not get this all in the mail until Tuesday. I've got some tweaking to do!

      Delete
  2. These torn paper flowers are so charming and your kits sound delightful. Did I ever tell you that one of my favorite things is your "calling card" that you tucked into my journal? And your tags are delicious! Love those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I'm a little rusty at it...but it was fun getting back to it. I'm so glad my calling card spoke to you and it's still tucked in your journal.

      Delete
  3. I love this post. I often wander through older blogs and posts and think about the joy in the connections we can make when we take a moment to stop and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliann! I love thinking that people are wandering through my posts in Washington state...and Israel!

      Delete
  4. What a delightful post to read this morning - joy radiating outward, paying it forward, however readers choose to name it. Your blog is definitely one of my joy spots. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind comment Julie. It's nice knowing my blog can still bring some joy!

      Delete