C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 1, 2022

The Days Are Just Packed

Paul and I have adopted a line from Calvin and Hobbes....The Days Are Just Packed. We use it often.

Our days are packed in very different ways....but we both feel like the hours, days, and week just fly by.  

I spent my morning trying to finalize the details for these little Torn Paper Collage Kits. I had some friends help me with edits on the direction booklet.....and they gave me some great ideas!  Thanks Roseanne and Elle!

The kit contains all the basic materials to make three cards (including the cards) and several little tags.  I've included a variety of painted papers, metallic accent papers, and several options for substrates.  And I was pleased to find packaging that is completely biodegradable.  

These have been in my head for years!

This afternoon I helped my neighbor Janet get started covering a lampshade.  I wish I would have taken some progress photos....it was quite a site.  I told her I usually can get from A to B....but not always in a straight line.

It's a large shade and we used Christmas paper to make a pattern.  It was quite a process.  We got the fabric glued on....and halfway around turning the fabric to the back at the bottom.  Janet can take it from here...and she promised to invite me down to see the finished product.  

It was warm enough to take an after dinner walk outside....and it felt good.  The northeastern sky was quite dramatic as I left the condo....and it was sunny to the west.  I'll take these temps in the low 50's....it actually felt like spring.

And....I'm always looking for signs of spring...and there were lots of little green sprouts here and there.  

Life is full....and life is good....and today was just packed.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya when it comes to Packed Days. LOL
    Our daffodils have been blooming for a little bit now. I have a miniature daffy (4-5" tall) that came from the grocery store many years ago. Usually those forced bulbs never bloom again (in my experience), but this one really loves where it's planted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some small daffodils too....they are even poking through yet. I'm looking forward to them.

      Delete