C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Playing Around

I'm almost always playing around with something creative....even when I don't think I have time....there's always a few minutes somewhere in the day.

This morning I experimented weaving gelli print "edge" scraps together. To hold the papers in place I wove on top of a piece of fusible webbing....then all I had to do was give it a quick press.

I cut out some some flowers....now these little daisies can be fused onto something else once I peel off the paper backing.

Yesterday I played around for a few minutes doodling on a few gelli prints with my sewing machine and a paint pen. My intention is to cut it up and use it in collage.....I think the stichting will add interesting texture.


And I've been playing around with my strategy for this next puzzle.....hand painted Marvelous Minerals by Abigail Kramer. I enjoy following @twiggyabi on Instagram....Abigail is not only a talented artist but she enjoys finding interesting things in nature and making beautiful arrangements.  She has a fabulous vintage colored glass collection and takes us along on her thrifting trips looking for more. Abigail has a great sense of humor and her posts always make me smile. 



I finally have the pieces all sorted and decided to work from top to bottom putting the border together as I go. You know how I love things in rainbow order.
And I'm actually looking forward to the bottom rows...with just the tiny writing of all the names of the minerals.  

This is another one I ordered at the same time....and Margie had it finished on her board when I visited today. I'll look forward to playing around with this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment