C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Thinking About Mom

Happy birthday to my mom....she would have been 96 today. 

My mom died when she was just 62...and the reality of her early death is hitting a close to home because I am 62.  Mom died because of complications from diabetes....and just a year ago I started all in on lifestyle changes trying to keep my genetics history from leading me there.  And according to a recent visit with my doctor and ongoing conversations with my dietician coach, I'm in a good place. I can do this!

I wish my mom would have had the information and resources available to her that I have. I think she could have had a better chance.

This is a photo of my mom and her younger sister Beverly...one of my favorites.

So I loved my brother Doug's Facebook post today....pretty darn clever.


My mom always fostered our creativity....and I think she would have been tickled to know I delivered 8 Torn Paper Collage Kits to Handiwork today.  

Thinking about you today mom...I miss you! 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom! What a great post by your brother. :-)

    I spy a torn paper collage taggie! Very striking - would make me want that packet over another, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! All the tags are different...we'll see how this goes!

      Delete
  2. Your dear Mom was beautiful. Your brother really is clever!

    ReplyDelete