C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Alicesaurus

It's about time for a found object. There have been a few throughout the winter....but I haven't share one in a while.  

Paul spotted this little gem while riding his bike this morning...and circled back to pick it up. Then he shared the significance of finding a pink dinosaur....today of all days.


Paul follows a comic called Cul De Sac in the Boston Globe...and just today Alice brought a fuzzy pink Alicesaurus to preschool for show and tell.  Her classmates were outraged with hers....but I was thrilled with mine.





We pulled up the comic so I could get the back story. Alice got her dinosaur in a vending machine and thought it was so much better than "one of those stupid plastic whistles." 

When she asked her brother to read the card that came with it when he read "Allosaurus"....she heard "Alicesaurus" and the story goes on from there....I'll spare you the details.  I will need to read on and follow this storyline through....I'm hoping we find out how she turned her original green dinosaur into a pink fuzzy one.

Today of all days....Paul found a pink Alicesaurus.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

Alicesaurus will live on the kitchen sill for a while....next to the wabi-sabi snowdrop in the green vase.

And there's a story there too.

Just today...the lone snowdrop along the patio finally opened.  
Another little prayer in the form of a bloom as I think about a dear friend who had to say goodbye to their beloved family dog. Peace to you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment