C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Letting Go

"I walk through the world seeing color and shape and possibility everywhere." Laura Loescher




If you've been following along...you know how I enjoy looking closely at nature.....sometimes oftentimes I bring bits and pieces home.  I love watching the ebb and flow of Mother Nature....and celebrate the wabi-sabi beauty of imperfection of things all shriveled up. 

Here's one of my favorite rainbow collections from several years ago.

Inspired by a link from Janet, I came to realize that I needed to let my collected treasures go....and return them back to nature. 

I love all this stuff....but if there's one thing I'm sure of....there will be more....and I needed to make room.

Janet sent me an article by Laura Loescher about her "Earth Alters."  We've all seen them...beautiful mandalas and arrangements from petals and leaves...and all things natural. But thanks to Janet I rediscovered them...and it was just the inspiration I needed to celebrate...and let my collection go.

"Never before had I listened so deeply to the wisdom of the natural work. I felt incredibly nourished by the beauty and diversity blooming all around me." Laura Loescher

This is a simple little spring mandala I made a while back.


And you can see Laura's Earth Alters using the following links.



Before I spread my treasures in the woods....I made this little arrangement.

This leaf is as colorful as the day I picked it up....I almost kept it.  

 "I am grateful every day for this new way of seeing my environment. Instead of fixating on the bare tree branches and lamenting the lack of colorful leaves and flowers, I am delighted as I pick up fallen pine cones, pluck red berries off the holly bushes and arbutus trees, and carefully clip the prickly dead thistles from their stems.  I am grateful for each season's offerings." Laura Loescher


Here's my earth alter....a little disheveled...just like me.



And here is the context. I can see it from the patio....I'll be watching it.
The Joy of letting go.  Thanks Janet!


No comments:

Post a Comment