C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Rose-Colored Glasses

"Life was so much more fun when she wore her rose-colored glasses." 

I recently came across this print....I've always loved it. Unfortunately I can't read the artists name...so I can't give credit.

I looked up the phrase "rose colored glasses" and these are some of the words that popped up: positive, cheerful, and optimistic.

I know it's important to see things as they are...and to be realistic. But sometimes it's also important to look on the bright side....even when there's also a bit of darkness. 

I'm going to frame it and hang it somewhere I'll see it every day.


I spent some time making tags today for my collage kits....and I especially like this one on the darker toned paper. 

I filmed a timelapse video making all the tags below....and you can see it if you scroll through this Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb29j-IJecO/


And here's a collage card I haven't shared that went to Margie....
it's the WHOLE crayon box.


Janet sent me this photo of her finished shade...I think it look great!  What a nice pop of color in her living room.  Well done Janet!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Elle....I'm on a roll with them. I'm trying to find interesting heavy ephemera to punch up for the backgrounds.

      Delete