C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 18, 2022

Friends Helping Friends

"It's easier to build up confidence that to tear down arrogance. The people with the most potential are the ones who know they have a lot to learn."  Adam Grant

The daffodils are blooming in some of the sunny spots on our walking routes....there's always something new to see this time of year.


Like this sweet blue striped beauty. My app says it's "striped squill."


I took a field trip to Cotton Weeds Quilt shop in Freeport this morning to watch Jane quilt my colorful quilt for a little while. It's kind of mesmerizing.....and she's amazing.
The backing is purple....and the quilting pattern is kind of retro geometric.
How am I so lucky to have such a good friend willing to do this for me!

For those of you new to the blog....here's something I did for Jane three years ago....a stained glass privacy window for her bathroom.  

Here's a post with a glimpse into my process: 
http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/08/thinking-outside.html


It was hard to see the textures in the clear glass in the photo above...so here's another shot before it was installed.  Lots of patterns in the glass....just like my quilt.  Friends helping friends....how lucky are we!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn ~ your quilt will be even more beautiful when done. How exciting! That stained glass piece is so simply exquisite. I’m loving all the patterns in the glass. You certainly are a woman of many talents. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! I do love working with glass....and hope to get back into it a bit at some point. So many loves....nowhere near enough time in the days.

      Delete