C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 3, 2015

Playing With the Map

I got good feedback on my map....and I wanted to add another one of our favorite spots in South Portland....the Bug Light.  
The dotted lines are my bike routes. (Paul rides everywhere....frequently to Portland Head Light and over the bridge into Portland...I'm more of a get where I'm going kind of biker.)  I can easily access the "Greenbelt Walkway/Bike Path" from our house...which mostly goes right along the water.  I also starred where we used to live in Portland.

Paul and I often ride our bikes to the Bug Light and sit and watch the harbor activity.  It's fun when we catch a cruise ship or a tanker...and there are always sailboats and ferries.




Some of the ships dominate the waterfront of Portland with as many passengers as the town I grew up in.


I zoomed in on this sailboat to give some perspective on the size of the ship.  Do you see the lighthouse looking structure in the background?  It is the Portland Observatory where they used to signal incoming ships to the merchants. My son Sam gave tours there this summer....talking about the structure...and the history of Portland.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn! You are making me want to come back to Portland SO BAD. Beautiful photos, what a perfect place for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tell me when! It is a perfect place for us!

      Delete