C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Tracy Taylor!

That's the artist's name!!!  Remember the story about the canning jars? Well....I have yet another layer to the story. If you haven't read the first part of the story use the link above...it will be helpful to better understand this new layer....it already had several layers.

As I mentioned in the post...the story about the canning jars gift was good enough...but then Patsy recognized that a tropical fish painting in her hotel room while on a trip Hawaii was done by the same artist.

Well, just the other day I was checking out a local consignment store in South Portland, Maine called Heirloom Consignment.  I walked in and the first thing that caught my eye was a tropical fish painting...I loved the colors...the loose painting technique...just what I said about the jars!

Sure enough....same artist!

Her name is Tracy Taylor and her website can be found here....which is where I was able to get the great screen shot of the canning jars above....which, by the way, is called "fresh canned."

This painting is called "starkissed" and I was able to get it at a very reasonable price...the owner of the shop liked my story too.  It makes me smile and it will find a great spot for it in Maine.


I also loved Tracy's painting of the boats from her website...the colors are awesome!

And here are a couple more of her fish paintings that I thought were fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment