C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 12, 2015

The White Box

We're making progress in Connie's new space...and here's a little sneak peak. It's still a work in progress...but it feels good to be finally hanging things on the wall....including a lot of her own artwork.

I really wanted to show what we started with....a white box...almost literally.

I have to chuckle because the idea of a "white box" reminds me of another Connie story. Paul and I moved into a newly renovated church parsonage 6 years ago...and once we were settled we had an open house for the church folk.  As Connie left my house she put her finger in my face and said, "when I have to move out of my house into one of those white boxes...I want YOU to help me fix it up."  She kind of scared me to death...but I also took it as a compliment...I think she liked my house.  I did help her with that first move 5 years ago....and now here we are again.









The walls changed from off white to wallpaper...a nice soft textured green with a little hint of blue.  It goes nicely with the treasures Connie picked.



Here's a peak at a new bookshelf located on the short wall next to the TV in the photo above.  Again...still a work in progress.


More treasures that will have to wait until my next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment