C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Marc's Mosaics...

....and so much more!

Last weekend I attended a party at a beautiful home full of art....bright, colorful, whimsical art. There was something to look at in every nook and cranny. Even the rugs were handmade works of art. Here's a tiny glimpse at Marc's eclectic collection.





Marc and his husband are art collectors...but Marc is also a mosaic artist. Although for now he's a realtor...which keeps him pretty busy. I first knew about his work through my friend Jane who has a few of his pieces. This blue and white china mirror hangs in her new bathroom and this multi-colored one hangs in her hallway.

(The "mirror selfie" is an unfortunate byproduct of taking pictures of mirrors. Here I have on my painting shirt...)






While touring Marc's home I enjoyed seeing his mosaics scattered throughout.  My favorite was his "found object" mirror hanging in the living room...so many interesting bits of this and that.



I also love this beautiful table top...the colors are so rich!

Thanks Marc...for a great party and letting me photograph your art!

No comments:

Post a Comment