C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Coloring Pages...

...into greeting cards.

I have a whole stack of Margie's coloring pages I'm going to turn into cards for her. I'll make them in batches over time...it felt good to get started this morning. I had taken pictures of all of them but a few days ago I also scanned them into my computer...I think the color is better and most certainly the white parts are whiter. I knew I was going to use the originals too...but the digital version allows me to resize the image.

I'm going to work on them over the next couple of days...but here's a sneak peak at my first few. Here I used the original leaf coloring page...there's enough left for two more cards. I like using a couple layers of card stock borders providing a nice frame.
And here's a digital version of this lovely floral page. I love the idea of using the originals...but there's something really cool about shrinking the image. The already intricate details become even more impressive. The purple border on this card is part of the digital image. Another advantage of the digital version is that you can remake the card over and over. Different color borders would completely change the feel of this. 
Here's the card next to the original page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment