C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Dress-Up

One of the things I love about this blog is it often takes me on little side journeys. Today I took a little trip down memory lane.

A few days ago I posted a quote called "Dress-Up Box" and I couldn't' stop thinking about my boys and their love of dress-up clothes. That inspired me to flip through the photo albums looking for a few pictures of them in their dress-up clothes. It was just what I needed on a snowy day.

Over the years I made my boys all kinds of costumes, capes and masks for fighting crime as super heroes or causing chaos as a evil villains.  Such creative little boys they were...and in many ways they are still super heroes in their own unique ways.

Nate made a really cute batman!





I love Sam playing this collage of characters....he was a pirate, Superman, and Power Ranger all at the same time.

But my absolute favorite costume...was not from the dress-up box...but from the dresser drawer...underwear on the head and a t-shirt as a "loin cloth?" 



Suit coats, hats, and ties were a favorite of both boys...



....and all it took was a hat and a train whistle to become a conductor. 


Nate went through a Zorro stage....complete with his little home-made hobby horse.  As a matter of fact he loved it so much he hardly ever took it off....even to sleep.  



I also came across this picture of Paul and me at a Halloween party....  
I was Captain Hooker...and Paul The Prince of Tides.  
Who doesn't love a dress-up box!


2 comments: