C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Boy Scouts and Birds...

....a connection story. 
You know by now I love a good connection story.  

After I wrote the bowerbird post...my friend Melodee contacted me about her connection to Tim Laman, the photographer of some of the images. Tim is an award winning wildlife photojournalist and has done many articles for National Geographic and published several books. You can check out his website here

Another one of Tim's photographs of a
bowerbird with a decorating treasure.
Tim lives here in Lexington and his son and Melodee's son are good friends and fellow boy scouts in the troop that meets right here in our church...Hancock United Church of Christ. Wow! I had no idea!

Tim's photographs are amazing...you can check out an archive of his photos here. You can view the photographs by category...bowerbirds being one of them...but there are many galleries. I was mesmerized!

Tom spent almost 10 years photographing Birds of Paradise in New Guinea...the only place they exist. I hadn't realized how rare and spectacular these birds are...and all so different.



This video is also worth watching...you can see Tim in action.

Here are a couple of his Birds of Paradise photographs...but it's worth checking them all out!





Thanks Melodee for making this great connection.  I thought I was just writing about birds that captured my heart because of their interior decorating skills.  I'm so glad to know more about the amazing artist who photographs them...who has now captured my heart.

I have now properly given all the photographers proper credit in that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment