C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Posies

I'm playing catch up with Folt Bolt's January color scheme.
I've always been drawn to these tight bouquets in simple vases....I used the same idea with the hydrangea. This piece is completely inspired by and designed around those original 2 circles I made back in January. I've since made a few more and am putting together a bouquet of felt, wool, and button posies.




I played around with fabrics for the background....and in the end decided to keep it simple...I wanted the attention to be on the posies.  I'm not sure if I'll wrap the fabric around the paint panel...or attach the finished piece to the top.  I'll make that decision later on when the hand work is done.
I backed the fabric with fusible and I cut away parts that wouldn't show.  You know I don't like to waste fused fabric. Below is what the back looks like...just like the front with just a little overlap for fusing.

 


I attached a piece batting the size of my canvas before I began my stitching. This will give it a little loft and hide the bumps of threads...a lesson I learned with the green scheme.



Then I started topstitching.  I chose a chevron pattern for the vase...I wanted to create simple texture. 



Now its time to settle in and hand stitch. There will be lots of stitching, beads, and buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment