C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Woodland Flowers

As you may know our Portland condo backs up onto woods....and we love it. It was so nice having my own place this past winter to collect greens and this spring a place to haul yard debris where it can decay naturally. 

And with the help of Aaron my landscaper, I'm getting acquainted with the woodland flowers. I'm going to enjoy watching the woodland landscape change throughout the season.

This is my favorite so far....wild sarsaparilla.  It has a lovely little canopy of leaves and a sweet little clump of blooms close to the ground.  I'm going to keep an eye on these over the next few days....I want to catch the bloom balls fully open. They look like little fireworks.



Tiny little Canada Mayflower are tucked everywhere.  The little fuzzy bloom is just precious.




Another sweet little one is the starflower. I love the tiny little burst of the yellow stamens.




And what's not to love about a carpet of ferns.  I love this maiden hair type that have longs stems and the foliage at the top. There's a whole little world underneath.  
A fern selfie....from underneath.

And...Aaron pointed out that I have blueberry bushes!



No comments:

Post a Comment