I great up on a farm with 8 siblings....so there was a window of time when there were 11 of us around our family table. We ate dinner together almost everyday....and I have fond memories of the sights, sounds...and smells.
My niece Holly and her husband Hikmet have the family farm table now and yesterday 11 of us gathered around it for a full Turkish breakfast. It seemed fitting that there just happened to be 11 of us....and the four of us who remember our childhood around this table even knew exactly where we sat.
A Turkish breakfast includes vegetables, olives, cheese, eggs and all kinds of breads and jams.
When the dishes were cleared and the tablecloth (very Turkish) removed...I recognized every scratch and wooden grain line of this family table. My heart was full.
And I had a chance to have some one on one time with dear sweet Ayla.
MaryAnn, wow.
ReplyDeleteEverything about gathering around this table's grain lines, scratches, and Turkish tablecloth with family shines with the love, joy, and connection of breaking bread together ❤️
The joy of breaking bread with family! Yes!
DeleteSo lovely to have such a large family gather at the memorable table. Family means everything. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteKathy
Indeed it does!
DeleteSuch a beautiful family, and family memories! 💕 I was one of five children, so our family dinners were “only” for seven. And I’m sure each of us could also tell you exactly where we sat!
ReplyDeleteYou do know what it feels like to be part of a big family. Joyful abundance!
Delete