There is nothing like the farmland of Wisconsin that pulls at my heart strings.
Midway through my visit....I spent a night with my sister LaVonn and her husband Tim on their Evansville farm. I am rooted in life on a farm and will always be drawn to the country landscape.
Your photos are stunning, MaryAnn, and I find myself dropping roots down into the earth and shoots up towards the limitless sky, imagining growing up on a farm in a large family and having those magnificent early years to pluck one's heartstrings throughout life. wow.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dotty! It's all pulling at my heartstrings too!
DeleteI remember those white weeds/flowers as a kid. We would pick them and mom would put them in a vase with food coloring in the water so the flowers would turn color.
ReplyDeleteYes! I did that with Queen Ann's Lace too! Thanks for the reminder Patty!
DeleteI grew up in Michigan and we visited my grandfather weekly by driving through miles and miles of farmland. Holstein cows, sunflowers, corn, wheat, red barns, silos, farmhouses, and vast skies. Your photos are wonderful reminders of those days.
ReplyDeleteMiles and miles of farmland! That's the midwest!
DeleteMagnificent!! So glad you are experiencing this beauty again, MaryAnn. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt's been wonderful....and it's time to come home.
Delete