C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 24, 2026

Hydrangea

Magic exists where you choose to find it!

It was a glorious summer day with just the right mix of chores and play.

I'm not sure if this was a chore or play...but I got the papers cut and folded for 50 more match boxes for Folly 101. It was a picture perfect afternoon on the patio while I folded...and I was hoping to get a glimpse of the baby bluebirds that fledged while I was gone. No such luck.

Look at this fabulous found object Paul found while was gone! And the best part is that it lights up when you bounce it.    

 

I had a good visit with Patty today....and her hydrangea were gorgeous...coming and going.


I ADORE her peace flag...that color is just perfect!
We could sure use a little world peace right now!


Speaking of hydrangea...going with my now and then idea...here's a few little arrangements I did a while back that still make me smile. I'm choosing to find magic in hydrangea today!



6 comments:

  1. I do love hydrangea; thanks for showing us Patty's beauties in their coming and going, and your 'then' arrangements from which emanates both the beauty of your blossom placements and the joy I know you felt as you did the placing. We have one pinkie winkie hydrangea. It's one I'd given my dad, one that I reclaimed from his garden after he died and before we sold his house. We located it out front at the base of our front steps, and regrettably for us neighborhood deer appreciated the easy access and cut that plant down to size. Dave relocated it in a far more protected spot, and we're hopeful that'll prove to be providential once it gets past regenerating what got lost earlier in the season!

    Paul, you've outdone yourself by caring superbly for all the growing things AND finding a light-up bouncy ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I love pinkie winkie! There's several at Hancock Church in Lexington that I always enjoyed. So fun that yours has gone full circle through your dad.

      Delete
  2. I must have missed you mentioning Folly101 here, MaryAnn, so I went to your "labels", followed the link and found many posts about them! What a great idea and how nice that you make them for this beautiful store! As for hydrangeas, the ones you've shared are lovely. We have blueish purple hydrangea bushes all along the front of our house and they just love being there, showing off their blossoms all summer! They remind me of Cape Cod and just say "summer" to me! Some we had planted, one was given to us by my sister and there is one from a friend. I love the arrangements you shared at the end of your post, especially the lovely heart shaped one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing things for Folly 101 for years. I probably should have given a reference to that. Thanks for looking back and exploring! And yes...don't you love hydrangea. They DO say summer!

      Delete
    2. I love going back to explore your blog. I love the way you play with color and create so many joyful things! If you ever gave a course in joyful creating I would sign up in a split second!!

      Delete
    3. What a lovely comment! I'm not quite sure what that course would look like...but it seems to sum up the way I approach my creating....with joy! And for the record....I will help you with ANYTHING!!!

      At one point I thought about trying Zoom calls with puttering partners where we could share ideas and talk about "joyful creating" and joy seeking.

      Delete