C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 4, 2026

A Little Abstract

Ever since her kids were little....Lori buys a pumpkin family representing each person in both size and shape. And she ALWAYS....looks for good stems. It's a thing....a family thing. This is her 2026 family gathering! 

I went a little abstract with my latest tag. It incorporates the pinks and blue greens from the last tag...but also transitions to a variety of other colors.


I started with a mixed media piece I did a while back and added a few extra elements and marks. The black scribble is painted on tissue and glued on with medium. You can't even see the edges. There is no way I could have painted something like this on the tag without messing it up. I finished it off by stitching on some gold Angelina Fibers. I think the black zig zag balanced the paint scribble.

The colorful circles on the back...or side B as Dotty calls it....are cut from a napkin and collaged over a text page. I'm happy with this little abstract tag....so different from the others.

   

1 comment:

  1. I love all the long-stemmed pumpkins!! And that little tag has a lot of personality! What a good idea to do the squiggles on tissue first. I learn so many things from you, MaryAnn! The colors are wonderful and the circles on the back are just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete