C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Let's Make it a Thing!

It was a bit summery yesterday....but I was happy to have fall back today.

The morning air was crisp and beautiful....and I was tickled to catch up to Patty on my morning walk. That's the joy of having a friend right here in the neighborhood.

Did you notice the reflection in that ever-present heart puddle on the sidewalk?

Julie S. sent me a photo of this stubby pumpkin stem. I smiled because she didn't take a photo of the whole pumpkin....she knew it's all about the stem! (sorry....I just love saying that!) 

If you have fabulous pumpkin stem to share....send me a photo and I'll post it here. Let's make it a thing! 

This is one from my archives...just look at that crazy stem! 

8 comments:

  1. Don't you wish you could meet the person who purchased that stem depicted in your archives??!

    LOVE the reflection in the heart puddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....yes. I already had all the pumpkins I needed when I saw it....or it would have come home with me! Sometimes you have to leave the good stems for someone else.

      Delete
  2. I noticed there’s an acorn sitting by the stem! Got to love your heart puddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness....I didn't notice that! I wonder if Julie noticed that! Way to go Cherie!

      Delete
  3. Each year for as long as I’ve had kiddos, part of our autumn decor is a pumpkin “family” - one to represent each one of us. And of course, we look for sizes to be proportional to each of us, but a good stem is also an absolute must🧡👍🏻☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful tradition! Pumpkins have personality...just like us humans. Thanks for sending the photo via email. I'll share it on the blog!

      Delete
  4. Hooray - the acorn has been spotted! And yes, it was deliberate - I loved the perspective and surface contrasts. (it was lying all by itself on the table next to the pumpkin, so I moved it up beside the stem)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good call on your part! It was like a little secret waiting to be discovered. Thanks Julie!

      Delete