C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Walk at Willard Beach

While I was in Maine I rode my bike to Willard Beach which is not far from our house.

It's a sweet little beach with a busy harbor...a little sand...and lots of rocks and driftwood.  It's a fun place to walk, sit, and collect.  It's one of the reasons we are wanting to stay in South Portland.







At one end around the point in the photo above is  a view of Portland Head Light at Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth. 




Photo taken another day.
And at the other end is a view of Spring Point Lighthouse...you can sort of see it in the photo above.  This little lighthouse is at the end of an awesome rock causeway.
The photo below was take a while ago....but shows the sandy end of the beach and a better angle for Spring Point Lighthouse.  The beach turns around a corner down a ways to the rocky end...and that's usually where I spend my time.  There are more interesting things to pick up and hardly any people.




This little guy hoped I had a snack for him...no such luck.



Southern Maine Community College is all along the beach...what a great place to go to school!


2 comments:

  1. OK - HOW did you figure out labeling a map with your labels? Genius! I love seeing pictures of areas and knowing where, in fact, they are. It makes it so much more real for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you asked....I took a screen shot of a map and imported it into a pages document. Then I just used a text box to label the spots I was talking about. I thought the map would be helpful...glad it was!

    ReplyDelete