C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Gathering More Inspiration...

...for the guest room/sewing room.

I came across this print of the sailboats hanging in the basement in Lexington...and I like how it pulls in the bright colors in the inspiration piece.













And I still like the green quilt and this pillow sham. (from the Goodwill Store) I like the mix  of patterns in all these things...dots, stripes
and plaids.



I also rediscovered this print I bought at a the local South Portland "Art in the Park" last summer....and the colors are perfect.  I will admit that I was not only drawn to the beachy color scheme...but also the fact that there were three trees. We used to play a game as kids on the farm called "hide behind the three trees"....but that story is for another time.
I also have some of the things I had downstairs in the dining room...that may find a new home in the guest room: this delightful nautical weaving done by my friend Ellen....and this mixed media square tile piece by a local artist I will feature soon.
And Lynn's watercolor circles may end up in the room too.  I like how they mimic the circles in the inspiration piece....even the right colors.                                 
So now I am thinking I will paint the room a nice beachy neutral rather than blue or aqua....I'm going to have a lot of color in the art and bedding....and I don't want color to overwhelm the room.  It still needs to be a restful guest room as well as a fun sewing/project room.

Maybe I will work in 
some paint stripes accents somewhere....hmmm.

Time to paint!


2 comments: