C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pearls

I came across this pin I made a long time ago and it made me think of my grandmother (Bessie) who used to wear her pearls almost every day.  She was an awesome grandmother....I miss her!  Here she is with my two boys, Nate and Sam.




I love this painting of young Bessie done by her daughter, my aunt Beverly.


Here she is with her cat and you  can see the painting in the background...which was in her living room for years.

The painting lives in my living room along with another acrylic piece done by my Aunt Beverly called "The Walking Path." How lucky am I!



2 comments:

  1. I remember your grandma very well. I have a slight memory of the inside of her house. Neat picture of her with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky. I wish I could sit in that living room and visit with her today! There is so much I would ask her.

    ReplyDelete