C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Rainbow Glass

Here's a little rainbow stained glass piece I made for my sister Angie a while back. I embedded a blown glass nugget and left some negative space for some dangly rainbow beads.  The border is clear textured iridescent glass so has a rainbow effect.



It hangs along with this little square in her dining room window. This piece has a marble embedded in the middle of one piece of glass.  I drilled a hole right in the middle of a piece of textured glass and soldered the marble in. The corner pieces are prisms...so it also is kind of "rainbow" glass piece.





Sometime soon it's time to get back to the window project for my friend Jane!  I had kind of forgotten about it...because it's sitting in the basement...and that's not where I choose to be in the summer.  I have a couple of trips coming up so it may have to wait until later in the summer.  Sorry Jane!  The next step is to wrap all the glass edges in copper foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment