C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hide Behind The Three Trees

OK....I will admit right here at the start that this was a really silly game...but we were kids on a farm and we had to make our own fun.

These three trees edged our front lawn on the farm.  The left one was the flower tree....because it was near the garden.  The middle one was the skinny tree and the right one was the mailbox tree...you guessed it...near the mailbox.  The mailbox tree had the best rope tree swing ever on that big branch that went way off to the right.  We lined the bottom of the swing with an old couch cushion.

One of us kids (there were 9 of us) would be "it" and stand facing the house and count to 10.  The rest of us would hide behind the trees. Whoever was "it" would guess one by one...."I think MaryAnn is behind the flower tree." Then I would pop out....if I was behind the flower tree I was "it"....if I wasn't I was safe.  And so on...and on and on.

Because of this silly game....I am always drawn to images with three trees.  It's a good memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment