C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 10, 2015

Stitches

Yet another spread in an art journal....I'm not sure the pages go all that well together...but sometimes opposites attract!  Ok....maybe not this time.  I think the only thing they have in common are the"stitches."


I cut strips from some crazy patterned fabric and fused them spaced apart.  Then I used floss to stitch more patterns in between the rows of fabric.  
For the companion page I printed quotes from my "Words" Pinterest board and collaged them with a variety of things including buttons, lace, burlap, tissue, and a cancelled stamp.  Then I finished it off with some stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment