C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 25, 2015

Rain Lilies

I have admired the "rain lilies" on my sister LaVonn's steps for years. They are sweet little little pink flowers from bulbs that bloom all summer and come back every year. She just puts the pots inside for the winter and brings them out in the spring. This spring she sent me bulbs of my own.

I planted them right away and placed them in the sunniest spot on my back patio in Lexington.  I was so excited that within a few weeks I had four blooms...even before the foliage.

Then nothing for the rest of the summer.  The foliage was lovely...but no blooms.
Then just the other day....I found a nice surprise...another bloom! Just in time for fall...I can't wait to see what they do next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment