C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fall Puttering

We had a dinner party last night so it was the perfect opportunity to spruce things up a bit and get out a few fall and Halloween things.  I have a couple of spots that I like to decorate seasonally...like the window sill over my kitchen sink. It was fun puttering a little bit around the house.

I like small little wreaths between the windows over my sink....so I often buy the floral rings that go around candles.  This is two of those wired together to make it more full.  It's just the right size and makes a nice pop of fall! The little green twig you see on the left is an air plant that my friend Becky gave me a few years ago.  I always tuck it in whatever I have hanging here.






I also love this little corner of the counter...and these two little trick or treaters make me smile.  

 


My sister Angie made this collage of my boys in some of their Halloween costumes. The images are layered in a shadow box...so it's dimensional. I think it's adorable!

And finally....this collage done by my sister Marilyn always sits on my table during the Halloween season.  It was the first art trades we ever did. We each had the same set of black stickers and a corrugated block....which you can read about here.  She incorporated the faces of my family on the bats.  I don't have a picture of the one I did for her....but it was not nearly as good as this one!  

Happy Fall! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment