C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Words and Images Journal

My "Words and Pictures" post from yesterday reminded me of a shared journal that I started a while back with my friend Becky.  We only did a couple of entries because LIFE got in the way and we put it aside. Becky is coming to visit in a week or so and maybe we can talk about starting it up again...it was kind of fun!



We each started with a small blank journal and picked one word for each exchange.  On one page we had to write about the word....using only words.  On the opposite page we had to illustrate the word using only images.  We did this for both words...then we traded.  The same words are in each journal....but Becky still has the other journal so I don't have the other version.

Here are a couple of my entries....
Winter
I will be very impressed if any non-Wisconsin person knows what "case weather" is from my list of winter words.  Maybe I'll blog about it sometime...something Becky and I grew up with.

Indulgence
....and here are a couple of Becky's...
Flamboyant
....under the cat picture was the king of flamboyant!
Hullabaloo
Becky was a teacher in Madison....during all the "hullabaloo!"

So...what do you think Becky?  Maybe we could combine it with our other shared journaling.

2 comments: