C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Book of Joy

"Respond with joy! Joy is the happiness that doesn't depend on what happens. It is the grateful response to the opportunity that life offers you at this moment."

Becky sent me this quote from The Book of Joy....which I actually started today. The Dalai Lama and the Archbishop Desmond Tutu celebrate their friendship and share their wisdom on "finding enduring happiness and joy in the face of life's challenges."

It feels a bit awkward to feel and express joy when there is so much chaos and frightening news happening every day. So this book is timely....just what I needed right now!  Thank you Becky!


Today I continued to celebrate and be grateful for Lynn's art...it brings me so much joy! I took some time to hang a few more of her original paintings in my guest room...which has mostly a floral theme.  I've had one of the little painting for a while....and you can see it here in this "Guest Nest" post...but it got moved to hang with the other three to the other other side of the room.




I think they make a happy trio!



 I adore this sweet little basket of posies.  I had the gray weathered frame in my stash and I think it compliments the picture nicely.

3 comments: