C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Guest Nest

This summer I painted over the yellow in my guest room in Maine....but I do like the yellow in my guest room in Lexington. Just before Becky's arrival I snapped a few pictures to share some of the art and the cozy little space. There's just barely enough room to walk around the bed...it's like a little nest.

I acquired this sweet little lamp from my friend Linda...and some little treasures from my friend Jane. I love other people's hand-me-downs!

A spring flower cross stitch I did back in 2004 hangs above an old desk that my mother had.  When I was in high school I asked her if I refinished it if I could have it...she said yes.  It's one of my favorite pieces.

Meryl,  a good friend from Maine, did this lovely peony using colored pencil.  A real treasure!                                                                                
                                                           

I did this little cross stitch a while back....it's called "dresser drawers."  Each little row has a bead as the drawer pull.  I think it's very sweet.  I have always loved the poem Warning... by Jenny Joseph.



And this lovely little watercolor by my friend Lynn
fits right in.

                                                                   


2 comments: