C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 10, 2017

It's A Start

You gotta' start somewhere.



I took a box of red fused fabrics to Maine so I could get a start on my Folt Bolt project for August. An all red project is going to be a challenge.



I started by making a little fused stripy fabric....it helped to get my gears grinding.
I can't get geraniums out of my head. And...if I'm honest I think I've liked the pieces I've done with more abstract plants or flowers....but I'll still play around with geranium petals and try not to be so literal. I am going to have to come up with a way to get some lighter reds mixed into the background. I might be able to collage some neutral fabrics and do some sort of a treatment with paints or pan pastels to get them reddish.  But of course I didn't have any of that with me....so it will have to wait. 

I love this piece of red tatting made by Paul's grandmother Gunderson. I've been saving it....but I should use it sometime and this project seems like a good opportunity.

Dorothy taught me how to tat...she was so tickled that I had interest. It's kind of tricky...but I did learn to tat a basic piece of lace.


This little pile doesn't look like much yet....but it's a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment