C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Celebrating the Lotus

This quote has been sitting at the top of my blog for a while now....I do believe.

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

It's probably clear by now to anyone who follows this blog that when I find something that brings me joy and feeds my soul I tend to celebrate it....really celebrate it.  The ginkgo tree, the rain lily...and now the lotus  have comforted me at the right time and place....and I am grateful.  

As part of the closure and cleaning out process I've made several trips to Connie's nursing facility since her passing. 

Every time I go I visit the lotus flower. The bloom I've been following has now dropped its petals and is on it's way to become one of those amazing seed pods. A new bud has bloomed...and the cycle continues. I want to thank Connie's friend, and now my friend Peggy, for drawing my attention to the this beautiful plant a week or so ago when I really needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment