C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 4, 2017

Lighthouses Part Two

Here's how the digital lighthouses were put together. Janice and Rachel described an idea and I came up with a way to make it happen. I enjoy a good creative challenge. 



I sandwiched foam core board between the two lighthouse images. It was easier for me to puzzle together smaller pieces of foam core than cut out a larger shape....or least that's what I told myself. I wanted there to be plenty of stability and this was pretty easy.

You can see why I printed a map on the back...I didn't like seeing the stark white back of the card stock showing through the gap. This seemed to be a reasonably easy solution...and you can also see why a blue border on the back might have been nice that I mentioned in the yesterday's post.                                     



We brainstormed ways to make stands and driftwood was the perfect solution. These are all pieces picked up on Willard Beach....just steps away from Spring Point....how fitting. And even more fitting is that the flowers on the tables will be in pewter mugs commemorating Rachel's grandfather's winning boat races.    
A wooden skewer was just the right size to poke into the foam core. I cut them down to make little pegs that I glued into holes drilled into the driftwood.
And there you have it.....a handmade table marker using a grandfather's nautical chart and driftwood from a beach just steps away from the wedding venue. Mission accomplished!


Some of my favorites are tucked in the back and sit on longer pieces of driftwood. Here are some of those in another photo.

2 comments: