Making progress....and enjoying every minute. Here's how it started.
I'm halfway.
Don't you love it when things like this happen!
And don't you love it when a surprise comes in the mail! Linda D. sent me this fabulous Kaffe Fassett puzzle. It's going to be a challenge...but I'm up for it. I recognize...and have many of the fabrics. I just started one...but this one will be waiting in the wings. Linda was the recipient of my blue and white joy journal giveaway....and once she finished it she payed the joy forward to her daughter. Don't you just love that!
I just love it all! I"m particularly struck by your concertina book in progress and it's slow, livin'-is-easy summertime pace. I was just observing in myself yesterday that I am doing more slow art-making than usual and moving far less hurriedly than usual; not sure what's the chicken, what's the egg, or if it's all of a piece. Either way, I just love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dotty! Summer is a good time for slow art and slow anything! We can just sit back and enjoy the chicken AND the egg. :)
DeleteWow, it’s coming to life!
ReplyDeleteThanks Louise. I think so too!
DeleteWow! Your summer project is coming along beautifully and that puzzle looks like a colorful challenge!! Love the little rainbow reflection too! Happy Tuesday, MaryAnn!
ReplyDeleteIt is coming along. I'm trying to hold myself back and do other things...but it a lot of fun...so sometimes hard to stop! That next quilt puzzle will be a colorful challenge indeed!.
DeleteI need to pull out a sheet of my oversized paper and the few stencils I own (and rarely if ever use) and try something like this. Your piece is inspiring me!
ReplyDeleteI took a watercolor class where she traced stencils for her watercolor designs...and I was blown away. I never thought of using them this way. I've tried all kinds of things since...and I hope you do too. The only thing I used to use my stencils for was gelli prints. Now I use them frequently including cyanotypes. This is the first time I've done mixed media.....fabric, paper, paints and colored pencils.
Delete